Iv got babies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I was cleaning my pond bio filter out and I noticed about 6 little fishies today. My wife about two weeks ago thought she saw a little spec on the bottom moving around but they apparently hid quite well. Today for sure though I saw them swimming around with all the others. They are black right now I have shubbuken (spelling) gold fish in there as well as Koi. I dont know what they are spawn of but they're definitely there.

Makes me happy to know they are doing really well, I was for sure my wife was seeing things the other day I sat out there for an hour and didnt see anything baby like, I did add a few milk crates in a while back when I came across people wanting to get rid of feeder fish they were small and I wanted them to be able to hide from the big fish who wanted to eat them.

They now are size I dont think they have to worry about being eaten, Im curious to see what they will become goldfish or Koi either way Im happy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
congrats on being fish parents and the first babies are always fun to watch grow up

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very cool! I noticed a baby fish myself last week. Mine are so small it could be weeks before I see one again. They hide well and their color helps them when they're that tiny. Nearly invisible.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Congrats! We never see ours when tiny, we have too many plants,
but at about 4", they dart out of the plants when I feed the big ones.
Its a good sign, and so much fun!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Ill try to get some pictures of them they are pretty elusive, they're about a finger's length long now. I saw 5 today swimming together around the big ones.

Ask a Question