Keeping Our Pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I know it'll be hard decision for you but you do what best for you. I hope you healthy and enjoy the pond as long as you can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Glad to hear that Lou. It's obvious how much you enjoy it and will be sad to see it go.

Which parts of keeping your pond do you find the most challenging with your health concerns?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Glad to hear that Lou. It's obvious how much you enjoy it and will be sad to see it go.

Which parts of keeping your pond do you find the most challenging with your health concerns?

Extensive cleaning, repair, scaping and in-pond plant care. Just about everything. All of these tasks are hired out. Earlier this year I foolishly had some scaping changes started plus an underground root extending the liner was discovered. To save cost and time both the land and water scaping will be returned to its previous look. The underground root will be cut in October when the tree is dormant.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good news! I just know that having your pond is keeping you a lot healthier [mentally and physically] compared to how you'd be if you didn't have it! And when the time comes, you can always go with a smaller, container-type pond. Water is so soothing and theraputic.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Glad you're keeping it for awhile longer. Until then, maybe you can brainstorm ways of making certain aspects of it easier, which might make it possible for you to keep it longer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
The other day I was fretting about my pond, the expense and effort....and someone said " Everyone needs a good hobby". I've thought about this...for me it's true, so I'll continue as long as I can. When it becomes too much, I'll keep a smaller pond with goldfish:)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sad to hear but why not go for a pondless water feature instead .

Ask a Question