"Keyhole"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is out frog "Keyhole" ( note mark on back" and wondering, does "Skinny" look skinny for a frog? Do any of you feed your frogs? I threw some dried meal worms at him, one sat on gist head until he got back into the water!! Lol

Attachments

• 20160829_172146.jpg
    20160829_172146.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 20160831_080217.jpg
    20160831_080217.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 288

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I knew of someone that would buy live crickets at the pet store and feed then to her frogs. Her frogs were quite tame. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think Keyhole looks fine but nothing wrong w/feeding him if you like. Mine all jump and hide when I come near the pond.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
As a general rule, amphibians [and reptiles] are attracted by movement, which means they like their food still living, LOL! But, yes, I am guilty of feeding my frogs. I've offered them dried meal worms, but those were ignored. Put a live mealworm down and it's instant history for that guy! Amazing how fast frogs [and toads and lizards] grab their food.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think Keyhole looks fine but nothing wrong w/feeding him if you like. Mine all jump and hide when I come near the pond.
Keyhole's ok it's the other frog, "skinny" for lack of another name, that I wondered about lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No idea...keyhole probably came with the fish. The guy I got them from three in a couple of frogs...but we have seen 4 at a time ??? Also a couple of tadpoles but too soon for them to be frogs I think.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I got gold fish... these are bullfrogs. I would kick them out if it was my pond! :sneaky:

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is what I did to feed my frogs... I got a hotdog and cut it into thin strips, a julienne tool works best. Then I'd get a long, slim stick and drape the "hot dog worms" over the end of the stick and dangled it in front of the frog. The frogs ate it every time. And yes, I was called crazy by everyone who saw me do this!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Keyhole's ok it's the other frog, "skinny" for lack of another name, that I wondered about lol

I think they both look fine! I've heard of big bullfrogs eating fish and even birds! So watch out for when they get bigger. @sissy here relocates them when she catches them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think they both look fine! I've heard of big bullfrogs eating fish and even birds! So watch out for when they get bigger. @sissy here relocates them when she catches them.
Wow..can't eat big koi can they?? The man we got them from has them croaking all over the place and koi coming out his ears!! Lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Wow..can't eat big koi can they?? The man we got them from has them croaking all over the place and koi coming out his ears!! Lol

No they cant eat Koi... Koi may eat them. The bigger the frog, the more likely he wil eat a goldfish. Bullfrogs are the ones known to do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RichV

Latest Threads