Large Animal Walked Across Liner

Reaction score
Pond is 20 ft around and 3.5 ft deep, about 10,000 gallons. I'm losing about an inch a day in the hot sun (NY) with no rain, before the tears I lost 1/4 inch.The tears consistent with a large animal crossing (I never saw it happen, just my assumption). I found a line of tears some tiny, some bigger. I tried to patch it last year with numerous small to big patches, but it did about 0 on a scale of 1-10. I know the best thing is to change it but have so much flora and huge rocks I just don't want to have to take that on if I can come up with another solution. Is there anything at all anyone can suggest? This year I bought a smaller liner and tried to cover the area over and put a bunch of rocks down, again nothing. Can I cover the area with that liquid liner? The tape and liquid together? Concrete? Glue? Even if I could slow it down I'd be happy. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ouch! I have no idea for any repairs that would work any better than what you've already tried. You may have to go with a new liner. But maybe someone else can help.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I put two chunks of EPDM liner together recently using a plastic composite 2"x2" then liner 1, some auto Permatex gasket material (non-hardening) along the line where you'll place the screws, then the liner #2. Next, I screwed it down with stainless screws and washers, the washers side by side. It does not leak! You might make holes big enough to get some sort of not rotting material that will take screws, under the liner where the patches go, then screw them down. I think this will work with just about any liner material. The way it's crushed together, I'm not sure the Permatex was even needed.

Ask a Question