Let's do it again Sam

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hiya fellow ponders,
So as some of you know, I used a recycled tarp for my pond. I also choose to go with regular hose and smaller tubing for my bog and... well whatever, ya'll were right when you told me not to.
So guess what I'm planning this spring/summer/fall?
Yup, rebuild! Anyway I wanted some links for the liner if you have them and if someone could refresh on the tube/hose sizes for the bog area that'd be great, )I'm sure I could find it but I'm just.... busy with school aka...lazy).
Since it's been up for a year I've got some things I'm going to change, enlarge the bog, try and dig a small shelf for rocks around the edges and possibly relocate the bog or find a way to blend it a bit better so any recommendations are welcome. I've attached a recent photo so you can get a better idea.
Thanks guys! Looking forward to pond season!!
pond august1.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Also, would this work... If I drop the pond level down just a bit I could dig the shelf before having to empty the pond. Could I then save as much pond water, moving the fish into buckets or a kiddie pool. Refill the pond like the same day with the new liner, drop the old liner back in on top of it, fill, and put the fish back in after a short period of time?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Agree you can dig the edge down with a drop in the water level. I have done it before, rather than drain the entire pond. Just don't chop the liner with the shovel.

My bog pipe size in 2 inch, dig the new bog area, use the dirt to raise it above ground level by just a little have it flow out into your stream to the pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there are great pics of streams on HGTV and DIY network.com and pinterest and also ones on you tube and you can also google streams and I saw pics there .Hope you will have help as those liners can be heavy ,i know first hand doing it by your self is a nightmare

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got my liner on ebay, of course I always look for a top seller with a high rating, and if possible, from a business rather than an individual.

I'm excited to see what you do! New builds are always fun to watch, and even better when I'm not the one doing the work! (y)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Got mine on sale at dr foster and smith on presidents day with free shipping and got a 20x25 but it was bigger 247 dollars .

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Good luck in your rebuild. We want pictures all the way through it! :)

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Agree you can dig the edge down with a drop in the water level. I have done it before, rather than drain the entire pond. Just don't chop the liner with the shovel.

My bog pipe size in 2 inch, dig the new bog area, use the dirt to raise it above ground level by just a little have it flow out into your stream to the pond.
Got it, 2" pipe! What do you use for tubing from pump to bog?

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
there are great pics of streams on HGTV and DIY network.com and pinterest and also ones on you tube and you can also google streams and I saw pics there .Hope you will have help as those liners can be heavy ,i know first hand doing it by your self is a nightmare
Yeah I hate looking at those though because most aren't built by pond owners but hired out and I trust you guys to show me stuff you've built and issues you had while building.
And handy tip, I didn't realize they would be heavy. I'll bribe some friends to come over for drinks that day then "surprise" them. They'' be so tickled... Lol

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I got my liner on ebay, of course I always look for a top seller with a high rating, and if possible, from a business rather than an individual.
Do you remember who you ordered through?
Got mine on sale at dr foster and smith on presidents day with free shipping and got a 20x25 but it was bigger 247 dollars .
Ah I was hoping you'd share since you're the one I thought had the liner info. :) Thank you
I could recommend the supplier in the UK I used, but shipping might be a bit steep!!:D
Hehe, maybe by a few pennies.
Good luck in your rebuild. We want pictures all the way through it! :)
And Cas... Of course, I wouldn't dream of doing it without the photo proof and running commentary. :)

Ask a Question