Lily in bloom!!!!

Reaction score
Do you guys remember me buying water lilies off the back of a truck, in an empty parking for cash only? Lol! How far I come! I went from two lilies to 10! Yeah, you read that right, 10! Score!

Here is my latest in bloom. This plant is HUGE! The leaves are about a foot across or more. HUGE! And the flowers - wow!!! When I bought this plant, I ended up with about 6 babies from it and most (waiting on one) seems to have caught. I don't have surface space for 7 of these, so I'll be sharing the love with some of my local pond friends.

Lily1.jpg
Lily2.jpg
Lily3.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Nice! You did good! I had a tropical viviparous lily a couple years ago -- beautiful pads & flowers everywhere...... But had to find her a new home 'cause I couldn't keep up with her brood!! And the babies were having babies by the end of the season, LOL! I thought I was back at my old job: nurse in maternity ward of a state-run hospital!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Great! Beautiful lily, the tropicals are so colorful and great leaf patterns.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I've already decided I'm getting a tropical lily next year - you just can't match those colors. And the pads are so cool. I figure I spend lots of money on annuals for the terrestrial gardens... why not a few bucks on a lily that will only have a single season to shine?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Lucky for me this is a year round thing!

I can't imagine 'packing up' my pond for the winter.

I'll be honest... when I get to this point in the season I really don't mind so much. Maybe it's the cooler weather or the shorter days, but I do start to feel like things are winding down outdoors and that's OK. Time to start planning for next year!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
There sure are advantages to living somewhere without a change in seasons and somewhere with. I do like the holidays when it's cold out. So if we could find a place that has snow from November clear through until December and then tropical again. I'd be in.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I've already decided I'm getting a tropical lily next year - you just can't match those colors. And the pads are so cool. I figure I spend lots of money on annuals for the terrestrial gardens... why not a few bucks on a lily that will only have a single season to shine?
If you get one, put it in shallow warm very sunny water. They struggle if we have cool summers.

Reaction score
Yes, I agree we would love to have seasons, but for us, we have rainy season and then mango season. That's it. Oh theres also hurricane season.

Ask a Question