Liner Reinforcement

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Same song different verse.

After expert consultation I cannot have a root that is extending the liner cut. Can't relocate the liner since it would entail a major pond rebuild. I'm now exploring every option to prevent the liner from rupturing. Any way to basically armor coat/cover is sought.

Really need your creative ideas.

image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What about molding a piece of sheet metal to act as a shield between the root and the liner? And then slipping it very carefully between the two. The root will still apply pressure to the liner, but you can spread the pressure out over a greater area and avoid a rupture.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Also - you said you can't cut the root, but could you trim it back some? Maybe trim a little bit at a time? If you can back it off your liner a bit you'd have more room to maneuver.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Same song different verse.

After expert consultation I cannot have a root that is extending the liner cut. Can't relocate the liner since it would entail a major pond rebuild. I'm now exploring every option to prevent the liner from rupturing. Any way to basically armor coat/cover is sought.

Really need your creative ideas.

View attachment 81291

Lou, sadly I really don't think that there is a long term solution here other than removing the tree root, which you say you can't do. Any barrier material that you could place between the root and the liner (if even this could physically be done) would also be negatively impacted by the tree root. Tree roots are Nature's unstoppable force. They will heave and crack driveways, sidewalks, retaining walls and even building foundations.
Where is the location of this tree (and the roots) in relation to the rest of your property?

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Lou, sadly I really don't think that there is a long term solution here other than removing the tree root, which you say you can't do. Any barrier material that you could place between the root and the liner (if even this could physically be done) would also be negatively impacted by the tree root. Tree roots are Nature's unstoppable force. They will heave and crack driveways, sidewalks, retaining walls and even building foundations.
Where is the location of this tree (and the roots) in relation to the rest of your property?
In the back yard near another bald cypress. Both trees are well away from the house and about 25 feet from the driveway.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I will be out of contact for at least the next week. I go in for my surgery tomorrow Friday 5/22. There is time to figure this out.

Ask a Question