Looking for recommendations for galvanized tank spray on rubber liner

Gil

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I inherited a fairly new 6' x 2' galvanized horse trough and would like to make it into an above ground plant and fish tank. I would like to make the inside black in color but am no thrilled with using a liner due to wrinkles, overlap on the sides, etc. can anyone recommend a good 'rubber' type of product I could paint on the inside?

Awesome forum and thank you in advance from a noob!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you can use the leak stuff spray on they use for gutters .Not sure where you are at but lowes and home depot here sells it .I have a cracked stock tank and over 4 years now and it is still holding up

Gil

Reaction score
you can use the leak stuff spray on they use for gutters .Not sure where you are at but lowes and home depot here sells it .I have a cracked stock tank and over 4 years now and it is still holding up
Thanks Sissy - is the product you used ok for plants,fish, etc.?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Never had a problem yet .I have fish in it and plants .Product is called flex seal for leaks and comes in black or white .You may have to see if it will stick to metal in that kind of tank .I know it sealed up leaks in my gutter also

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
walmart was the cheapest 7.99 a can there .But only 1 of the 3 walmarts I have gone to has had it

Ask a Question