Making 2 ponds into 1

Kim

Reaction score
I have 2 preformed ponds and total they equal about 300 gallons, I have 1 pump and 1 filter that works up to 1000 gallons and i know i have to take the number of fish into account but is there anyway to make the 2 ponds work with just the 1 filter and pump????? Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen people put the lip over the pond onto the next pond .I have seen them also glue a piece of liner between the 2 as a stream,meaning 1 pond runs out to the liner and then the liner runs into the other pond .But it would have to have a slope to the whole thing .You can maybe use a tank adapter .I saw 2 of them on you tube .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I think it was @addy1 who used a preformed as an "upper pond", drilled 2 holes in the side near the top and attached PVC for a waterfall outlet spout, then had it dumping into a "lower pond" and hid the entire thing with rocks piled to give a waterfall cascade. You just have to situate the Upper so it is higher up, and I would also use a piece of liner behind the camouflaging rocks so any drips would just slide down into the lower preform.

That being said, i'm terrified of punching holes in pondy things, be it a preform or a rubber liner, mostly because i've never done it before and don't want to mess up >.< Good luck!

Ask a Question