My Friends need a new home :(

Reaction score
After 4 years, I am saddened that my days as a pond owner are nearing an end. I will be moving in a few months and need to find my fish a new home. I have 6 happy, healthy fish that I've had for about 3 years ( 4 Koi, 1 Shub and a common ) And I'm hoping to find a well experienced owner who has room for my buddies. I live in the west suburbs of Chicago (Aurora). If anyone knows of someone with vacancy and interested in 6 new friends, please let me know. It has been alittle hectic preparing for a move, as well, trying to find my fish a new home.

Thanks

The pics make the fish look small. I dont know the exact sizes but I would say 2 koi are larger (near a foot) 2 medium koi and the shubunkin and goldfish are small but not tiny. I have recent underwater footage of them that I can post, but need to upload to YT first. I do have some from last year under my channel- Epro38.

Thanks again everyone!
117_0019.JPG
117_0019.JPG 117_0045.JPG 117_0069.JPG

Reaction score
I would love to take them but south Georgia is a long way from Chicago. Good Luck with finding them a new home, they look very happy and healthy. I'm sure you are going to miss them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have the same problem with distance. I'm in Dallas but would be happy to take them. Sorry we aren't close and I'm sorry you are moving! :(

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
those are nice looking fish maybe you could put a craigslist add up or contact a pet store

Reaction score
Hi Peggy. I couldn't tell you how much my buds would love that South Georgia weather after the past winter they went through!!! LOL Their warriors... I will miss them!

Thanks Lisak1 - There is a contract on the house, However I somewhat question their interest in the pond, let alone the fish. As well, their getting to a size where they could use some space where they can stretch their fins a little :)

Reaction score
Thanks Sissy. Yes, Craiglist is an option I've thought about, However I figured I turn to this community first to see if I can find something. I still have alittle time but I would like to find them a new place by Sept. so they have time to adjust before 1st freeze.

Reaction score
Thanks Texmaster. Its gonna be a new chapter for me... Luckily I've got thousands of pictures and videos to serve as memories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Fishylove for thinking of me. My pond is fairly full. I could maybe take the shubunkin, but I don't have room for koi.
Epro38 very pretty pond. I loved your video! Are you familiar with Koi Whisperer in St Charles? The woman that runs it rehomes koi and all the proceeds go to koi related charitable work. https://www.facebook.com/TheKoiWhisperer. Also you can see if there are anyone looking for fish through the Midwest Koi and Pond Society (MPKS)

Reaction score
A couple of great ideas Keith, Thanks. I've never heard of the Koi whisperer but it sounds like they run an awesome foundation. I'm going to look more into that... There pretty close too. A lot of cool pics on their FB page, I wouldn't mine just seeing the place even if I find a home elsewhere. That place looks really awesome!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hey, Epro38, I hope one of the suggestions works out. Koi Whisperer is open to the public and is free to visit so it's worth it to visit even just to hang out and relax by the pond. Everything for the pond there was donated and it's a really nice environment. MPKS has over 300 members. My wife and I just did their pond tour and visited about 7 or 8 ponds in the far western suburbs. It was a lot of fun.

Ask a Question