My pond after June 2016

Pond got deeper now it's about a 1000 gallons and I made a bog for it
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Beautiful pond! Much like mine but more manacured. Very nice.
Now for the news...
I couldn't figure out why all my fish were in the deep end at the falls. Never appeared when I tried to feed them. When I did see fish I saw 4 Koi, no goldfish. Then we saw a Blue Heron sitting at the very top of our black walnut tree, just watching. This fish behavior has been going on for 3 days now. The bird was spotted 3 times, same spot. Early morning and sunset. I think it got all my goldfish and my beautiful blue butterfly Koi. I guess I didn't move the manikin enough. This is the 4th time this has happened with this breed of bird. Same bird? Hard to believe. Where's that BB gun ...............

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Beautiful pond! Much like mine but more manacured. Very nice.
Now for the news...
I couldn't figure out why all my fish were in the deep end at the falls. Never appeared when I tried to feed them. When I did see fish I saw 4 Koi, no goldfish. Then we saw a Blue Heron sitting at the very top of our black walnut tree, just watching. This fish behavior has been going on for 3 days now. The bird was spotted 3 times, same spot. Early morning and sunset. I think it got all my goldfish and my beautiful blue butterfly Koi. I guess I didn't move the manikin enough. This is the 4th time this has happened with this breed of bird. Same bird? Hard to believe. Where's that BB gun ...............

Yikes. I have had a net on my pond since last summer when a skunk used to try and fish... just give it up and place a net?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We just now counted 4 Koi, including my blue boy, and 4 goldfish!
Now for the bad news. My husband and son do not believe we need to relocate anything. He even wants to buy more goldfish to make up for the 20 eaten. He believes that the 2 goldfish that died was not because of algicide but because the bird killed them and left them behind.
I give up............

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I
I like your pond and fish and was just wondering if it is much of a hassle to remove and replace the netting when you want to hang out by the pond.
don't remove the netting cause it's a hassle. I do remove it in the winter when all the trees have shed. That's my biggest fear.. having to clean leaves.

Ask a Question