Need a new filter

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I have about a 600 gallon pond with a long waterfall flowing into it. I've been using a pressurized filter which I need to replace. I was looking at the aquascape biofall filter. My current filter is down by the pond and this one would be at the top of the waterfall. Does anyone have any helpful comments on the cons of using the biofall filter? I don't mind cleaning the filter and therefore was looking into putting in a homemade box filter. Just need to decide which one to go with.

Thanks!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Small stock tanks are sturdy and a doubled up tote can work .I use lava rock in my stock tank and put tank adapters into it

Attachments

• pond  and tank adapter 037.JPG
    pond and tank adapter 037.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 147
  • pond parts 002.JPG
    pond parts 002.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 163
  • pond parts 013.JPG
    pond parts 013.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 167
  • pond parts 015.JPG
    pond parts 015.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 209
  • pond parts 011.JPG
    pond parts 011.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 129
  • pond parts 014.JPG
    pond parts 014.JPG
    190.7 KB · Views: 154
Reaction score
I have about a 600 gallon pond with a long waterfall flowing into it. I've been using a pressurized filter which I need to replace. I was looking at the aquascape biofall filter. My current filter is down by the pond and this one would be at the top of the waterfall. Does anyone have any helpful comments on the cons of using the biofall filter? I don't mind cleaning the filter and therefore was looking into putting in a homemade box filter. Just need to decide which one to go with.

Thanks!
I built a Skippy Filter 3 years ago and can't be happier. It takes very little maintence except during the fall when shutting it down and my water quality has improved dramatically. I know a lot of people think they are crap, but I love mine.

Ask a Question