Need help deciding on a color.....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm going to have a polycarbonate panel going through the turtle-bog in the turtles' habitat -- it will be part of the fence, but I don't want the fence going over the bog to be wood, so....

[Originally, I kept the boy turtles and girl turtle separated, but this year tried letting them live together....the boys wouldn't leave the poor girl alone, so THE FENCE is going back up!]

The fence is made of standard, pressure-treated decking boards. What color panel do you think would look best, blending the wood from the fence and complimenting the bog?

Choices: terra cotta, green, gray

image.jpg

An idea of the finished project.... Boys on the near side, and lone girl on the other side.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 268

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I like the Green one. Terra Cotta is ok too but I definitely like the green one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I vote for the terra cotta like bettasngoldfish.says it will blend better but your vote is the only one that matters.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the green will reflect nicer on the pond water .They have blue also here

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If you can keep the wood the same color as it is w/ stain or whatever then I vote for the terra cotta but if it's going to turn gray and you want it to match then go w/ the gray. Hey man it's really what you like the looks of and the green is quite a pretty contrast so I'm a big help right :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
It's me again. Here's an idea. Purchase one sheet of each color. Put near the intended location along with a piece or two of the pine. Have a view during several various times of day and early evening. You may be surprised at how the three colors look on locatation. Once decided simply return the unchosen panels.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Knowing what the decking boards will grey up some as it matures I would say the gray, But I like Lou's idea too. try all three just propped up during the day and see which one looks best.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have way too much time on my hands today..... Actually, it's too darn hot & humid outside to do anything of any significance, so thought I would draw out what the various colors might look like. I had to guess at the fence color [decking boards], so this isn't a true representation, but it's an idea.

The 3 on the top come closest to what's available. The 2 on the bottom were alternate colors that I came up with, and I actually like those 2 better -- the tan is more neutral and the green looks more natural. BUT THEY ALL LOOK GOOD -- DARN!!!!

image.jpg

Ask a Question