need help with green waterll

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
Good Morning everyone (n) I need some help with green water and I try ed everything. I live in nj I have a 400 gallon fish pond with noting in it yet. I have a pondmaster uv clarifier 10 watt and a pondmaster pump in it. I connected the uv clarifier on Friday and still has not cleared up and I don't know what to do any more. Do you think I should drain the water out and start all over again I'm still new at this.

Thanks for the help

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and from Edison NJ my self .You need to give it more time it will take at least 5 days or more and that will depend on how many fish ,how much you feed them ,your filter and your water temps

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Algae happens. The best thing to do is let it run its course, especially in a new pond. If you have fish, cut back or stop feeding to reduce excess nutrients. Adding shade and additional plants can help.

Some people apply algecides which will get rid of the algae, but not the problem which is the source -- excell nutrients [see above].

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
New Jersey zone 4
Country
United States
I have no fish in it. I did the pond in June it was nice and clear then I went and bought a few gold fish and snails then in a few weeks everything died so I'm thinking it was a gold fish I had that had a disease and killed everything.

I took out everything cleand the water went out and got a uv pondmaster 10 watt clarifier for it and now I'm just waiting for it to clear up to get some fish in there and also its not in a shade eaither. Thanks for everyone's help

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is a pond should never be sterile to the point that everything is clean .Good muck grows on the liner to help the pond establish itself and it needs to build up a bio load .Do you have a water test kit .You will need a thermometer also water may be too hot

Reaction score
Possibly the water is moving through the uv to fast or maybe the light isn't on. Does it have a spot to check it? Usually it will have an end that glows blue but you can only see it in the dark.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
True i know my UV's are running off 1 - 450 gph pump with a splitter going to both UV's .

Ask a Question