Need pump advice

Reaction score
My pump for my waterfall died and I am looking to replace it with a Atlantic Water Gardens ATL/TW6000. Does anyone know this pump? Also can anyone say what head pressure to add for about 35 foot of 1 1/2" hose? The line goes through the water from the skimmer. At the other end of the pond there is a waterfall that is about 2.5 feet above the water surface. The Savio waterfall bio filter is wanting 5,000GPH. The chart for this pump states 5,400GPH at 5ft. I figure with the length of the hose, the height of the waterfall and one 90 elbow I should get about 5,000GPH. Right???

This is the pump.http://www.pondsonline.ca/Pond-Prod...lWave-2-Pond-Pumps/Atlantic-TidalWave2-TW6000

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You should be fine with that. I put in a 4700 gph in the Savio skimmer to a savio waterfall thru a 2" hose and I am not as high as you above the water line. Just a word of caution when you max the pump in the skimmer and the basket gets full I noticed the water level gets very low at the pump. I do not worry because my pump has a low water switch. This only happen a couple of times during very wind days with leaves. The pump I use has almost no fall off at 5'

This is the one I am using

http://www.russellwatergardens.com/Pumps/hd4700.php

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I have the Tidal wave 10,000 gph and honestly, It eats way to much electricity and the fall off over two years of flow rate is quite noticeable. For the little extra money I would go with the one RobandAmy posted, If you pre-filter any trash before the pump can suck it through you will have a pump that will far outlast the Atlantic pump, will use less electricity and IMO, a better deal in the long run. PLUS, the one they posted is rebuild able, The Atlantic pump you can only replace the impeller, magnet and shaft.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 4
That hose looks a little small and long for that pump. I put your data into a spreadsheet I posted a while back that estimates actual pump flow based on your pluming losses and height change and the available pump data. I get about 3000gph with that setup with a 2" pipe it goes up to about 4100gph. it assumes your elbow is a standard pvc elbow the same diameter as the pipe. Even with a 2" pipe you have about 5 feet of loss in the pipe plus the 5ft of height change.
1.5" pipe
upload_2014-7-23_18-25-45.png

2" pipe
upload_2014-7-23_18-25-6.png

Ask a Question