Need some advice on the best way to add either a preformed waterfall or upper pond for plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Trying to figure out if the preformed waterfall would work better than building a small upper pond for plants!

Attachments

• 1469544067993-661533192.jpg
    1469544067993-661533192.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,200

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi! And welcome! Can you give us some more information about your pond and how you have it all set up? Personally, I would go with the upper pond with plants which would not only look nice, but would help with your water quality.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
My pond is around 750-1000 gallons, we dug it ourselves. I purchased a 9x11 foot pond liner and it barley fit! Approx. 3ft deep on one end and 1.5ft on the other, I have shelves on the shallow end but do not use them. I have a 750gph pump that runs my current waterfall with a uv light. I also have around 20 goldfish, and a few plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Trying to figure out if the preformed waterfall would work better than building a small upper pond for plants!
Hi welcome , can u give example of upper pond abd wil it be for water plants?, r u talking about this black waterfall plastic? May b u can have upperpond and connect them with water fall

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Yes, I wanted to use the plastic waterfall for plants, but I want the pond to look natural. The plastic waterfall sticks out but I thought I cover it with plants and rock.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
hmm uil need to pile up soil around it in a downfall slope just until its all hiden , only plastic inside will b visible. Then uil need to place some rocks inside and outside so its all hiden then add some plants outside in slope and some water plants on top inside. Uil need some extra space behind it whete its heighest , have small hill and flat ground on top gr more plants as if theres small hill and water coming fown frm thete
The lowest part shud not b tht far in pond , rather just connecting at its border then some rocks around

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
hmm uil need to pile up soil around it in a downfall slope just until its all hiden , only plastic inside will b visible. Then uil need to place some rocks inside and outside so its all hiden then add some plants outside in slope and some water plants on top inside. Uil need some extra space behind it whete its heighest , have small hill and flat ground on top gr more plants as if theres small hill and water coming fown frm thete
The lowest part shud not b tht far in pond , rather just connecting at its border then some rocks around
Thank you, my husband was saying the same thing!

Ask a Question