New Book

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
At last my book on Fish Pathology has come in from the US and was delivered today at about 10:30 am .
I've been waiting for this one for weeks now .
It was written in 1975 and is a first edition with lots of interesting chapters on Parasites, Pathogens, Protozoan Parasites, virus's and much much more :happy:

Dave (y)

Aaron S

K5ATG
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Pretty nice. It is just a year younger than I am! It would be interesting to see how much knowledge has or has not changed since then.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, That sounds like a lot of good reading info there :cool:
Man this book is truelly a mine of good information with pleny of Microscopic slides photo's etc , though 1975 much of the information therein is still as useful now as back then .
One thing I though confusing though as it went against a long held 40 year set of beliefs about goldfish, it turns out they are the same as other Cyprinid species in that they dont use a stomach to process their food.
Using instead thir intestine to process their food all controled by the skeletal muscular system which connects to it throughout its length .

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
@Dave 54 I have this book coming to me later this week http://www.amazon.com/BSAVA-Manual-Ornamental-William-Wildgoose/dp/0905214579

Can't wait until it arrives :D
"Oh are you in for a treat Maria", :happy: , we have the first printing of this book , it covers advice on Aquarium keeping pond keeping the trade etc.
Starting out with fish anatomony ad physiology , taking you through the fish trade, Enviromental aspects,Nutrition, Protazoal parasites, Parasites Fungal diseases, Viral disease , toxins and much much more With slides and amazing photo's
Of the top of my head it touch's many of the things weve talked about in the many threads we've put forwards to you since arriving on the site , its a treasure trove of information and you'll take alott of useful information on board and away from this book :happy:

Dave (y)

Ask a Question