Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

Wanted to take the time to introduce myself.

I live in Canada. I just bought a house with a nice pond in it. I am no stranger to ponds in that my parents use to have one that I would clean and open every day. However, I am not an expert by any means ,this is why I am coming here to talk.

I just cleaned my pond and opened it up for the season. It was clear. Now the water has gotten a little murky all of a sudden. It almost looks like light tea. I have 3 shubunkins and 1 koi in there. The koi is only 4 inches I am growing him nice and big. It bugs me that I cannot see my fish and the water is gross after all the work I put in. I do have a crazy pond pump in the pond with two filters in the filter box. I also have an oxygen machine with two ports that is putting oxygen in the pond for my fish not to mention the fountain as well.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and really cleaning a pond is not necessary .Cleaning sets back the ponds chance to build up bacteria

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I did leave some bacteria. Could not scrub the side of the pond liner perfect. But I did shop vac out all the sludge and did a decent scrubbing on my pond.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thought I would share some pics of my pond. It's nothing too crazy by any means but she does do the trick.

image_1.jpeg
[/URL] [/IMG]

image_1.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
love the rock in the center ,Thinking the wall behind would be a great place for a propane fireplace .Water and fire what could be better:);)

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The Rock in the center is where my stream comes out of. It shoots up and trickles down the rock into the pond. The green plant on the left has been removed. I planted some new plants and possibly going to add a creeping Jenny.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Those pine things are very acidic and grow great here until I added lots of lime to sweeten the soil so I could plant trees and stuff .

Ask a Question