Reaction score
Country
United States
Introductory post, I have a 18,000 Gal pond we built when we built our home. I was a pond owner
before we moved there (Peshastin WA). So wanted a big one because birds were cleaning me out.
It has problems but I keep working on it and my fish, mostly koi are growing fine. The pond freezes over in the winter and the koi sleep, at least I hope they do. I would like to ask a question about
pond oxygen problems while we fix the pump, The temp is 38 deg now and they are still eating
I don't know how long is safe for them, some are getting big. The pump repair will probably take
3-4 days, Do I need to buy an aerator to keep them alive ? Thank you for your help P. Thompson

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
P.Thompson
Never heard of Peshastin, Wa. Must be on the east side of the mountains?

Hey you should post your question on a new post cuz you will get more views that way. Nice to meet you fellow Washingtonian :)

I only have goldfish in my pond so not sure about the koi aeration problem for them.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
You don't indicate how many fish you have? Typically in a moderately stocked Koi pond, as water temperatures drop less demand is placed on the Dissolved Oxygen. I would think that there should not be any issues with adequate Oxygen levels for a few days.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome to our group! Post some pictures of your pond.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Welcome and oxygen also depends on how many plants are in the pond also .Can you buy a sall in pond pump as it would be a good investment or like you said an aerator because more air means less problems

Ask a Question