New pond build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Firstly I'm new to this forum as I stumbled across it today.

Last Sunday I was sat in my garden and looked over to my 2 small ponds. The first one a build 10 years ago and the second one about 4 years ago. And thought to my self I'm going to build 1 bigger raised pond. So whilst the wife was out I began to start to rip it all out.

The new pond will be raised and made with sleepers and will measure 2.4m x 2.4m

It's early stages but will keep posting some pictures of the new build and if anyone has any tips or advice please feel free.

Thanks

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pond is going to be 4 sleepers high so 80 cm but will also be dug down about 30cm in the middle aswell. My current pond has a few carp and a ghost koi about 7-8 inches lots of gold fish and about 10 small ghost koi.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Welcome , excited to see new one , can i ask why do u prefer raised above ground pond ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
What do people recommend for an underlay before I put the liner in?

If you can get carpet or carpet padding it works well. Some have used old blankets. Anything that provides a soft layer and you can get a hold of cheap will work.

If you use old carpet make sure you check it for sharp objects, pins, needles that may have been dropped and stuck into the carpet before it was removed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
What do people recommend for an underlay before I put the liner in?
Looking neat nd decent size , you can use carpet at bottom and card boards at sides , carpet may have folds if you try same piece all over , either you can cut pieces for each sides

Ask a Question