New Pond June 2016

Our new pond at our new home.
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
icewaterdon submitted a new Showcase Item:

New Pond June 2016

We downsized our home and have been without a pond for about 2 years. The pond is 2 weeks old and 14'X10'X4' deep. Hand dug, with several shelves. Rubber 45ML liner, waterfall and skimmer. Running a 5000 GPH pump through the waterfall and 500 GPH pump through the yellow hand pump. The waterfall is full of lava rock in several netted bags for easy removal. Debated whether to use lava rock or pea gravel. We just added the plants this past weekend. We have 8 FREE fish so far. Plan to keep the fish to under 13. The best part is, I picked up the liner 24x25, waterfall, skimmer, a few small pumps and some other misc items for 200.00 from CL. Total investment so far is only around 400.00 plus a few advil for the back. Just ordered a aerator today. I would love to hear your feedback, positive and areas for improvement,
Thanks
Don

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Beautiful pond! Great job! I think I would plant some ground cover type plants between the rocks - that would look awesome. I love the pump!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
LisaK1, Thanks for the complements. We actually did plant some ground cover in and around the rocks. I agree, we needed to soften the rock side.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Looks great, if you are wanting to add some koi for very low prices let me know

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice job. i like the flat stone. You asked for suggestions, how about some shrub and a tree against the fence. visually that will make your pond space look more natural. a couple of night lights in a related design to the yellow pump, maybe an old oil lantern fitted with a low watt lite???

Ask a Question