New Pond - need a contractor Mansfield, Texas

Nan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Building a new pond at a new house. The primary purpose is koi keeping so we need a deep pond. Will probably repeat concrete block construction. Any recommendations for contractors in the Fort Worth / Arlington / Mansfield area of Texas. I'd like to turn over the entire job however if we can get someone to dig the hole, and build the base and walls - that would be lovely.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Don't personally know any in your area, but you will need someone that is very experienced in Koi pond construction. Have you tried finding a contractor through Thumbtack?

Nan

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, never heard of it but will give it a try. We've always built our own but are running out of time and energy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
If you are on Face Book, you could look at KKoNA ( Koi Keepers of North America ), it's members are listed by state and perhaps one of them could steer you towards a reputable koi pond builder.

Another idea would be to look for your area koi club. I know there is one in TX, as they had a big show in Dallas recently.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Try going to The Pond Digger website. They are in California, but have "people" all over the place. Plus they have an area for reporting problem contractors. (Don't know if that's only local?) Anyway, I'm sure you will find good people in your area, especially by contacting KKoNA and koi clubs. Good luck!

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
http://www.yellowpages.com/mansfield-tx/ponds-lakes-water-gardens-construction

If you want to go the "finish off the hole by myself" route, then you don't need a pond builder per se, but simply an excavation company to dig the hole and to haul away what you don't need.

Draw your hole out on paper with dimensions, etc., and look around for a small outfit with a Kioti and a dump truck / dump trailer.

It's pretty hard to screw up a hole.

Call for utilities locating before you dig.

Ask a Question