One of the best mornings by the pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This morning I went out early to the pond and started a fire and sat down with a coffee. There was a fall feel to the air and the steam was coming of the water. While I was sitting there listening to the birds and the flowing water, 2 mallards ducks flew in and stayed a bit. As I was watching the ducks a few geese flew over in there ever so common V formation. I could just feel all the stress of the week go away. As the sun came up a bit more, I then grabbed my camera and did some photography. What a morning (y)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Glad you had that nice morning moment. It feels like fall here now. Rains have arrived.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
After reading this post I decided to take my coffee down to the ponds and relax. I usually have my coffee on the deck with a view of the ponds. We had a power outage last night so I reset the timers on the light and sat down to enjoy! NOT! I noticed my 3 barrel filter setup was not running. Put down the coffee, pulled the pump and opened it to find it full of muck. I plugged it back in and nothing. Ok- time to grab another pump and get it hooked up. The spare pump had over heated and shut down before so-- dump the coffee, pull a pump off a stock tank filter and then re-plumb the 2 stock tanks together with a much larger pump! From now on I will have my coffee on the deck!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry mrsclem but I laughed out loud at your post. And not because I'm laughing at you but because I have had those same sort of things happen to me. So it's more like laughing with you :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
:smug::woot::woot::woot::woot:That's me before coffee Here I am after
PC2.jpg

except I'm a lot older and look nothing like this guy

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
After reading this post I decided to take my coffee down to the ponds and relax. I usually have my coffee on the deck with a view of the ponds. We had a power outage last night so I reset the timers on the light and sat down to enjoy! NOT! I noticed my 3 barrel filter setup was not running. Put down the coffee, pulled the pump and opened it to find it full of muck. I plugged it back in and nothing. Ok- time to grab another pump and get it hooked up. The spare pump had over heated and shut down before so-- dump the coffee, pull a pump off a stock tank filter and then re-plumb the 2 stock tanks together with a much larger pump! From now on I will have my coffee on the deck!
So sorry but funny at the same time. Coffee on the deck sounds good too :)

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Much less stressful! Dinner on the deck tonight. So far everything is running and I made sure my pump is at least 2 feet off the pond bottom. Upgraded from a 900 &2300 to a 4200 running both filters.

Ask a Question