Oops... 2 New koi headed my way!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Okay, maybe I have a problem with impulse control. I just ordered these 2 beauties for delivery next Thursday. I blame @Dave 54 for making me suddenly need an Ochiba. Haha! Just kidding Dave. Sort of....

Ochiba.PNG

Kujaku.PNG

Reaction score
OMGOSH!!! THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The first is my favorite, so different. But I love the second one too. Good choices! please post updates on these beauties as they grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
What is the second one, C-Note? Love the markings on the first one, very unique! And the second one with the white head, and all white fins, that baby is going to be outstanding in the pond, stand out in the crowd! I agree with Betta, always fun to blame someone else when you buy fish. Yep, that's the way to do it! Especially someone across the Big Pond! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
What is the second one, C-Note? Love the markings on the first one, very unique! And the second one with the white head, and all white fins, that baby is going to be outstanding in the pond, stand out in the crowd! I agree with Betta, always fun to blame someone else when you buy fish. Yep, that's the way to do it! Especially someone across the Big Pond! ;)
I have a feeling that the second koi is most probably a Kujaku Country Escape ;)
Cnote I like the ochiba but it's a little lacking on that beautiful reddy brown ghat goes to make the ochiba :cool:

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States

Yes, @Dave54 is correct. That's a Kujaku. Went for 2 varieties we don't have yet. I'm excited like a kid at Christmas for their Thursday arrival!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
OMGOSH!!! THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! The first is my favorite, so different. But I love the second one too. Good choices! please post updates on these beauties as they grow.

Thanks @Priscilla !! I'm equally as excited. I'll try to get some good photos posted once they are here in the pond. Probably won't be as good as their "profile pics" here... but I'll try!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
They are beautiful c-note, I know nothing about koi, being a goldfish junkie, I just look for pretty!

It's all about beauty, @addy1 ! And my one Shubunkin amongst koi is a total rockstar of the pond. So big and beautiful! Delightfully speckled, and tail for days. Love my goldfish!! I also have a serious Ryukin passion, but quit keeping them. It's not easy to keep them ALL happy in one habitat, so I narrowed my focus.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love my shubunkin's! Really enjoy seeing all the different colors that come out when they start making kids, all different varieties.

Ask a Question