Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Meyer Jordan submitted a new article:

Periphyton - Part 2 Aufwuchs - Role of periphyton (biofilm and Aurwuchs) in aquatic habitats

Periphyton
Part 2
Aufwuchs

In the previous article, we discussed the formation processes and structure of biofilm in aquatic environments. We now turn to aufwuchs….its formation and composition, and the functions of the member flora and fauna.

As biofilm approaches its final stages of growth, which is determined by the availability of both organic and inorganic nutrients, algae begins to colonize the biofilm surface. Diatoms are usually first to...

Read more about this article...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
TM posted a picture of what I consider to be Periphyton, but I think people will find the great information in this article more helpful if they can see something that they recognize in their own ponds and then drill down for more specific information.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
TM posted a picture of what I consider to be Periphyton, but I think people will find the great information in this article more helpful if they can see something that they recognize in their own ponds and then drill down for more specific information.
Where is this photo posted?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
From this thread:

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/thr...plumbing-exteral-prefilter-to-a-skippy.18066/

image-jpg.86380

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yes, but I was asking if we could add some pictures of periphyton to this article, and this was an example.
I must have misread your post, I thought you were asking which images.
Thanks for adding the images you did.

Ask a Question