Pictures not uploading...

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have not had a problem with this in the past, but now, today, my pictures won't upload. When I select one, it's like the system is hung.....all the little indicator thingys are turning, but nothing happens and I eventually have to cancel to get back to my post.

Now, we did upgrade the iPad to IOS 8 last night, so I don't know if this is a problem with the GPF site or something with my iPad.

@Ian or anyone else have any solutions I can try?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
works on my PC so I don't think its a GPF issue.

DSCN6773.png

Until you get the problem fixed try uploading to photobucket. if that works, you can share those photos on here.

Reaction score
Desoto, Texas (Dallas County) North Texas, Zone 8a
Showcase(s):
Have not had a problem with this in the past, but now, today, my pictures won't upload. When I select one, it's like the system is hung.....all the little indicator thingys are turning, but nothing happens and I eventually have to cancel to get back to my post.

Now, we did upgrade the iPad to IOS 8 last night, so I don't know if this is a problem with the GPF site or something with my iPad.

@Ian or anyone else have any solutions I can try?

Can you move over to your PC? Is it Windows or Apple?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Can you move over to your PC? Is it Windows or Apple?
PC is windows. Actually, at Boy Scout camp at the moment, so iPad & iPhone are all I have access to. I can try using the iPhone.....tomorrow. Too sleepy to worry about it........ YAWN!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mmathis, good luck with your tech issues. Did you hear the very first person to buy a I6 I phone dropped it? A reporter asked him about it outside the store and he opened up the box to show it and it fell out! He said it was fine but it really wasn't :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for letting me know!

It could be a problem with iOS8 and the forum software, so I'll do some digging on the official forums and see if I can find a workaround :).

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Let me know what you think of the update. I haven't gone to 8 yet. Waiting to see how it all shakes out.

I have an iPad Air and an iPhone 5 [I think it's a 5 -- hard to keep up]. Hubby and DS are Android users, but they tolerate my Apples, LOL! I love having and using the devices, but Hubby is the "techy" one in the family, so he is in charge of downloads, upgrades, and figuring out why something doesn't work, etc. He doesn't like Apple at all, so has to complain about the hoops he has to go through to get a simple task accomplished [but who knows if they are real or perceived hoops -- he's a guy.....]. But, it WAS an issue that we had to get rid of LOTS of accumulated "stuff" before iOS8 would even install -- NO! I love my "stuff!" But it was OK in the end, LOL! It was mostly moving all my thousands :eek: of photos onto the computer hard drive.

When we first upgraded to iOS8, all was OK until some of my apps started crashing, and things happened like this issue with uploading pics. There were some changes to screens or the way an app appeared on-screen, but they were mostly subtle things, easy to get used to. If there was anything significant, I've either gotten used to it, it hasn't applied to me, or I haven't encountered it yet. I can't tell yet about battery life since they get sucked dry anyway...... Plus, I have a Mophie battery case on the iPhone, so I don't pay as much attention to the phone's charge.

I hope that helps -- I'm happy with the update so far, but what do I know......

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
LOL I appreciate it. I had read that upgrading you Itunes and then using your computer to upgrade your phone is a work around for the amount of storage involved in upgrading. My hubby is an Android guy as well. And I agree, Apple makes even the simplest things tough sometimes. I am working on turning off my icloud so my daughter can have the additional storage and it's been a PITA to get done. But I love having my music and phone all together so until Android can play Itunes, I'm stuck. :)

Ask a Question