sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you can contact that company they may be able to give you the name they sell it under in your country or ask colleen in Canada what she uses or she can tell you an alternative product .She has been keeping fish for a long time there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Canada
I don't actually have anything in particular in mind, Meyer, just that it so often seems to come up that it seems it would be good to have on hand. I did call the company and they don't sell it here, Sissy. Yes, I thought Colleen or someone else from Canada might have found something.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't actually have anything in particular in mind, Meyer, just that it so often seems to come up that it seems it would be good to have on hand. I did call the company and they don't sell it here, Sissy. Yes, I thought Colleen or someone else from Canada might have found something.

FYI-- taken from the Loctite PL S30 MSDS

PL S30 MSDS.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Canada
Well, I notice that Addy and others seem to rely on it for sealing at various points though not in the water per se. I was surprised because I'd have thought such a product would be toxic to fish and plants and wouldn't have considered using it anywhere near a pond. But apparently not?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Well, I notice that Addy and others seem to rely on it for sealing at various points though not in the water per se. I was surprised because I'd have thought such a product would be toxic to fish and plants and wouldn't have considered using it anywhere near a pond. But apparently not?

Loctite does not list any ecological hazards caused by this product stating that: Ecological information.....Not available.
This does not necessarily mean that it is safe, but that considering it is intended for use on roofs, the likelihood of an animal being directly exposed to any effects are negligible. This is certainly not the case if used in or around a pond where it may be in direct continuous contact with water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The problem with a lot of sealants is that they are not designed for constant under water submersion.
The best way to control water is a mechanical means, by which I mean, design the flow of water so that sealants are not required at all.
Use only the liner, rocks and other landscaping to keep the water within your pond, stream or bog.
All sealants are prone to failure.

Ask a Question