Pond Electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if someone can help me. I have moved into a house that has a pond with filter electrics mounted into the shed. My problem is that I plan on destroying the old shed and putting down decking before buying a new modern shed. I'm a bit baffled as to what I will be able to do with the electrics when the old shed is dismantled until the new one is built without the electrics being exposed to the elements. I'm a real novice in the world of ponding so help or suggestions will be appreciated

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hi I wonder if someone can help me. I have moved into a house that has a pond with filter electrics mounted into the shed. My problem is that I plan on destroying the old shed and putting down decking before buying a new modern shed. I'm a bit baffled as to what I will be able to do with the electrics when the old shed is dismantled until the new one is built without the electrics being exposed to the elements. I'm a real novice in the world of ponding so help or suggestions will be appreciated

Get yourself a Rubbermaid tote. Cut flaps in the side of it to run your wires into it. Stick a rock or a brick on the lid so that it stays secure. They're weatherproof and last a long time.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Welcome!

What size are you talking about? How much stuff needs to be protected? Pictures would help if you can post a few.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I suspect there's a breaker at your main house panel. If you open that so there's no power to the shed, you can store the equipment in a box as Morewater suggests, or if the time span will be relatively short, you could just wrap a heavy duty plastic bag around it and tape it shut with duct tape or something similar.
As Mmathis suggested, a couple of photos would be a big help.

Ask a Question