Pond reconstruction

Reaction score
My liner sprung a leak in late May. After removing the liner I decided to do some reconstruction. My terrace had some collapsing and the perimeter pavers had shifted, due to high amounts of rain, snow and extreme temps. To prevent this from happening again, the walls going from the terrace to the bottom will be supported by a ring of mortar. A layer of mortar will go on the terrace, followed by a layer of pavers and then 40 lb cement blocks. When the liner goes on it will be held in place by perimeter pavers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 221

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Litzi, your story sounds so much like mine, we could be twin-ponders! I'm estimating we'll have the liner back in by the weekend, with the poor fish to follow. Hoping & praying that our renovations (walls and cinder block collar) hold up for a loooong time -- and wishing same for you!

Reaction score
Thank you! Yesterday we poured the concrete for the support ring of the bottom vertical walls. The concrete blocks in the center are supporting the concrete ring until it cures. Next weekend the plan is to put mortar on the horizontal shelf and then a layer of pavers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 196

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Been there had to redo my pond also .How deep will your pond be ,it does not look very deep .You will need it deep enough for winter temps or you will need a pond heater

Reaction score
It's about 22 inches deep. I keep a heater in there during the winter. And last year, because the winter was so bad, I kept 2 in there.

Ask a Question