Possible waterfall?

Reaction score
I have been struggling with a small rubber maid 35 gall container pond, its full of string algae, to the point where I found a guppy today that had gotten tangled in and died. I don't want to start chemical treating it. I think its time to say goodbye to it.

I was wondering if it would make any sense to use it as a waterfall type bucket. Maybe add a little extra circulation to the pond and at the same time possibly some bio filtration ...?

Any thoughts?

My big pond is 2200 galls. Currently doing great, with the exception of some floating algae, which I think is caused by the broiling hot sun.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been trying, but keeping up with it isn't easy with so much going on, ponds, tanks and kids ......... Plus I have a bunch of guppies in there.

I understand.......

You could always use it for bog type plants and don't put any fish in it.

What size/shape is this container? Is it an actual stock tank?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm just trying to figure the measurements to get a visual. I'm not finding anything smaller than 50 gallons on the rubbermaid commercial products website. The fifty gallon is 52 inches long, 12 inches high and 31 inches wide.

Is this what yours looks like? View attachment 76540

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm just trying to figure the measurements to get a visual. I'm not finding anything smaller than 50 gallons on the rubbermaid commercial products website. The fifty gallon is 52 inches long, 12 inches high and 31 inches wide. Does it look like this?

4243_web.jpg.jpg

Or is it more like a rubbermaid storage tote like this?

899441002373sm.jpg

Reaction score
I had a clear storage tote with lilys and long algae type stuff growing. I added rosy red minnows and a air stone that did pretty good. It really cleared up when I added peroxide and put it in 80% shade.

Reaction score
Oh sorry. Maybe its not a Rubbermaid. Its a black plastic holding tank. I would estimate it (its raining so I can't measure it) to be about 3 foot circle about 18 inches deep.

Ask a Question