Post- spawn blues

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well, just as I feared; while we were on our long awaited two week vacation the fish spawned. Our daughter and her husband were "watching" over things while we were gone and somehow missed the cues of spawning. When the largest fish did a roll-over and was dying and the three newbies from last year had already died they called and we talked them through water changes.(they hadn't gotten around to reading the six page pond tutorial I left them). By some miracle the five remaining large koi did recover but I just feel really sad when I look in the pond. We kept them in captivity and failed them. It is the last time we go anywhere in the spring.

Smaug

God makes perfect. I just dug the hole
Reaction score
Country
United States
It happens just remember they were bred to be in captivity.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear you lost some of your fish. It does happen though......I do understand how you feel about not leaving home though. Especially if you know there is bound to be a problem.

I hope the rest of your crew are okay

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Sounds like my inlaws asked to water my garden. They assumed because they got a small rain at their home, we also got rain, (they live about 15 miles away) so they never bothered to come turn on my sprinklers. I came home to some very unhappy plants. I know its not the same, but it takes weeks to recover when that happens.

Ask a Question