Primrose Creeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just ordered 5 Primose Creeper plants for my pond. I've never used them, but from the description it sounds like they may be a good substitute for water hyacinths. Not that I don't like water hyacinth, just would like a change in color this year. From the picture they look a little nicer too, IMHO.

Does anybody have any experience with these, good or bad? Anything to watch out for? For example, do Koi like to eat them? Thanks.

upload_2016-5-5_10-26-41.png

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Grows well. Spreads well. Yellow flowers. Nice root mass. I have it in a fishless pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Is this grown in the pond, in pots? Could it be planted it nooks and crannies and is it perineal ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I believe it is a versatile plant, Tula. From what I've read it grows in a pond, but is also a fast spreader in the ground. It is also invasive, I think. If it works in the pond I'm going to try some on a steep slope we have to see if I can get something going there to prevent erosion. It's supposed to arrive next week.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It grows in the pond, land, gravel, bog freezes and comes back. Spreads by runners.
Is this grown in the pond, in pots? Could it be planted it nooks and crannies and is it perineal ?

Vinca is a good slope plant, nice purple flowers. http://www.vincaminor.org/

If it works in the pond I'm going to try some on a steep slope we have to see if I can get something going there to prevent erosion. It's supposed to arrive next week.

Ask a Question