Pumps from Lowe's

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I recently bought the HOME DEPOT version - probably the exact same pump, though the HD brand is called "Total Pond," or something like that. I got the 3600 gph. So far liking it, very powerful, but this is our first pond experience, so don't have anything to compare to, plus haven't had it long enough. Will be curious to see your replies.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
they have this pump on ebay ...refurbished for about $60.00... the "SMART POND" brand...theres a selection of them, (refurbished) on ebay cheap! for about the same price you can get a LAGUNA..a proven brand...and about as good as you can get on electricity.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have one and only problem I had was the shut off switch so far .It got stuck while i was not home and my son thought it was broke and took it back and no questions asked they gave him a new one .My fault for got to tell him and the pump was out of the water a little because i had a leak and he thought it was broke .I think the switch takes a learning curve to figure out but nice that it does not burn the pump out .I paid 15 dollars more for the warranty and it is good for 3 year past the 1 year time limit .I have looked at laguna but thing is if it goes out you have to send it to them for repairs and in the mean time if you have fish you have to have a back up pump .Since you will have no fish it is not a big deal .I just wanted a pump where if something went wrong it was local and I also have a harbor freight pump and they have a store right here in Danville .2150 gph and 79 dollars but that is the largest pump they carry .I guess it would really be up to you and what you prefer to spend .

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
Lowes had those 3600 gph pumps on sale a few years ago for 74.99$. I got one and so far it does what I want it to.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess like everything there is always one bad apple and you take your chances with any pump ,but great thing about those pumps if you have a problem with it and have to return it ,it is local and you can buy the extended warranty also .I think mine was for 2 extra years and was 10 dollars .I like the low water shut off and it is a little bit of a bear to reset but once done it is sure worth not having your pond drain to the bottom and having your pump burn out also .That can be a headache .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Hello Doug. I have two pumps from Lowe's. I like them. Both are rated at 5k per hour. I live in FL. No extended warranty offered at my store. They say our water is too hard. I guess they don't expect them to last much longer than the 1 year warranty. I am going on year two for both. I'm happy with my purchase.

Rob

FountainMan

Reaction score
I guess like everything there is always one bad apple and you take your chances with any pump ,but great thing about those pumps if you have a problem with it and have to return it ,it is local and you can buy the extended warranty also .I think mine was for 2 extra years and was 10 dollars .I like the low water shut off and it is a little bit of a bear to reset but once done it is sure worth not having your pond drain to the bottom and having your pump burn out also .That can be a headache .
I've learned that lesson the hard way. I can't count how many pumps I've lost to that. One thing that bugs me about Lowes and Home Depot is the customers go riffling through the box then decide they don't want to buy and leave the jumbled up box on the shelf. At my local Lowes and Home Depot almost every box is like this.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Our lowes lowers the price on the opened and damaged boxes I think I paid less than 50 dollars for mine and found the warrantee it was for 3 years and 15 dollars the 2 year one my neighbor got was 10 dollars .He just built an indoor pond

FountainMan

Reaction score
Our lowes lowers the price on the opened and damaged boxes I think I paid less than 50 dollars for mine and found the warrantee it was for 3 years and 15 dollars the 2 year one my neighbor got was 10 dollars .He just built an indoor pond
Which my lowes was that nice. When they have open packages. You have to call a manager. When that manager gets there he/she's the wrong department so they have to call another manager. Then when that's all done they say we can't do anything. The stores around here aren't really about customer service.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well that is the same in VA ,I have to drive 15 minutes to North Carolina to get customer service .They had half off the plants already marked half off and got 2 trees for 20 dollars and 3 more cold hardy palms for a little over 7 dollars

They always have great clearance prices and the manager just wants to get rid of stuff .

FountainMan

Reaction score
Did your Lowes used to sell live aquatic plants? The lowes a town over from me years ago had a shallow 5' by 10' pond where they kept water lilies marginals and other aquatic plants.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The one in in Danville and Martinsville did but they don't anymore .I found a local nursery by googling it and he was selling pond plants so cheap i could not resist a whole huge bag for 5 dollars and you got 10 of each plant frogbit ,water lettuce ,water hyacinth and a whole bunch of fairy moss and then he had other pond plants for 2 dollars .Amazing what you can find on the net ,right out by the Danville Airport and never knew he was there .

FountainMan

Reaction score
The one in in Danville and Martinsville did but they don't anymore .I found a local nursery by googling it and he was selling pond plants so cheap i could not resist a whole huge bag for 5 dollars and you got 10 of each plant frogbit ,water lettuce ,water hyacinth and a whole bunch of fairy moss and then he had other pond plants for 2 dollars .Amazing what you can find on the net ,right out by the Danville Airport and never knew he was there .
I have nothing like that around me. There was a guy who did ponds but he doesn't do to much for plants. The closest place to sell plants is miles away.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I got almost all of mine from the internet, ebay, trickers a seller on a different forum. Paid a bunch for all, now they are growing like weeds lol

Ask a Question