PVC Plumbing Problem

M

MariaTeresa

I'm retrofitting a bog to my pond and I've run into a plumbing problem. I have a 3/4" black flex pvc hose connected to the pump. I have 2" pvc pipes in the bog, connected to a 2"-3/4" reducer bushing. I can't figure out what sort of fitting or contraption I need to connect the hose to the pipe. I have at my disposal, 3/4" pvc pipe and two PVC 3/4" adapter NPT Male x Socket. What do I need to make this work??:confused:

M

MariaTeresa

Well, it definitely would fit. But the bushing opening is threaded and the hose is spiral. I'm not sure it could glue in without leaks.

M

MariaTeresa

I'll need to be able to remove the hose from the piping in the winter, so I'm hoping to fasten the hose onto something using just a hose clamp, no glue. But thank you both for the ideas!

M

MariaTeresa

Oops, sorry about that! I didn't know the correct name for it....thought that if it flexed it was flex. Now I know. :)

M

MariaTeresa

The quick connects/unions I looked at were over $20 each! It would certainly be easier, but we don't have the money for that right now. I'm hoping that it might still be a possibility in the future.

Ask a Question