rain rain go away

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
It's still a mud pit. Can't manage to level it all out with all the rain!

Attachments

• 1408663390740.jpg
    1408663390740.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 258
Reaction score
Rain is crazy here. More rain than I've seen in a long time. We've been getting 1"+ everytime we have an afternoon shower. So, needless to say, lots of "balancing act"... Not that fun.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Don't send any to me............we get enough all year long :)
You must be back there in N.Y or Indiana or close?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It does not have to real level ,just the depth you want .Mine is not level but I was getting tired of digging and it was close enough .Hardest part is the digging and next is the pretty part ,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It does not have to real level ,just the depth you want .Mine is not level but I was getting tired of digging and it was close enough .Hardest part is the digging and next is the pretty part ,

The bottom doesn't need to be level, but the top edges do. I assumed that's what he was referring to.

It's rainy here too, but we aren't complaining. Free pond fill ups! Plus everything is so lush and green, which is far from normal for us at the end of August. Not great for tomatoes at this point, but what are you gonna do?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
To me the top edges were easy I just used metal pipe and attached the level to the top of the pipe and kept moving it around and for depth i just measure down from the pipe .I used electrical conduit it was not that expensive and now use it to tie my pump to that way to check or clean pump all I have to do is slide the pipe and the pump comes to me

gasman

What is the air speed of a swallow?
Reaction score
Yes its all about the sides. My yard slopes off a bit. So it is imperative the sides are all even. It's is bad enough looking at a uneven pond on a flat lot. A uneven pond on a sloped lot will drive me to the looney bin!

Ask a Question