addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I paid a previous landscaper to tear down my 14000 gallon pond. The tenants did not care for it, it was costing me $200 a month to maintain it. She and her company had been working for me for around 2 years.

Sent her $1000 dollars for a truck load of dirt and labor.

This is what she did

She buried over 5 truckloads of boulders in the pond, the carpet, parts of the liner, the filter box, 6 pallets of beautiful flat rocks, sandstone. She dug up some of my mounds to lightly cover the debris with dirt, which over time sank. I spend the day fixing the ex pond hole.

The pictures are the rocks and debris I pulled out of just the stream bed, 45 foot long. Just breaks my heart, the rocks were all hand picked and beautiful She even buried some of my red rock boulders, from sedona, you can not remove rocks from there anymore. You can see one in the first picture on the left side., big boulders.

I gave her very specific instructions on how to do it. I guess I should have flown back and done it myself.

rock gy.JPG
rockgy1.JPG

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Wow, sorry to hear that. They slaughtered that pond. I agree with @peter hillman that people just don't realize how valuable rocks are not to mention how hard they are to move.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know how much I paid for it and the days in the desert washes collecting the boulders. A lot will be buried forever, I don't have the equipment or time to get it out a five foot deep pond. I removed as much trash as I could. Rusted metal bars sticking up through the dirt, liner, etc.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You going to bring some of the rocks back to your pond as a memory .Would have been cheaper addy .Because they figure you can't see it so they pocket the cash and do a crappy job :(

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
No kidding Sissy, not only crappy but also dangerous, rusty broken metal sticking up for anybody to step on.

We are going to bring a few home, whatever my poor little prius can handle hauling, some memories. Small ones.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm so sorry this happened! sucn tragic, some people really didn't know what to do.. and the cost you gave them was way too high for just to dump dirt in the hole... they were probably thinking 'oh wow, easy money'

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I remember when i moved here all the stuff i was keeping came down on a moving truck and then a month later I rented a truck from hertz to bring stuff down that I decided to keep from the property .Learned the hard way to watch the first step getting out of a F250 .Even getting into it was hard I am sure a lot of people got a big laugh when I stopped to get fuel for the truck and me .I had a 5 gallon bucket on a rope so I could get in and out easier .Those trucks are not made for short people .:):LOL:

Ask a Question