Rubbermaid 150ga Stock quality

Reaction score
I been reading some forums and sites that sell the Rubbermaid stock tanks and there are a lot of reviews complaining about poor quality of these tanks. Everything from leaking drains to cracked bottoms to walls being weak after two or three years of use. Want know the opinions of the pond community on how these tanks hold up.

Kurt

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

I bought a 100 gal. tank in spring 2012 -- no issues with it at all.

Also bought a 300 gal. tank last spring (2014) -- no issues with it.

Both are Rubbermaid.

We have hot, humid summers and mild winters here. And the tanks are strictly for pond use, so no livestock interactions. Some of the reviews are based on tanks that are constantly being abused by heavy animals -- just something to keep in mind.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have 4 of them and never a problem and 2 of them I got at a house auction cheap ,how old they are no clue .I have 100 gallon- 2 /150 gallon and a 300 gallon .Had them 5 years myself and left outside .

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
3- 150 gallon Rubbermaid and 2 100 gallon Little Giant. Several hold water all year and freeze solid in the winter. No leaks or problems with any. All are 5-6 years old.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a 1000 gallon 300 gallon been in used for years, freeze up in the winter, no issues.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I been reading some forums and sites that sell the Rubbermaid stock tanks and there are a lot of reviews complaining about poor quality of these tanks. Everything from leaking drains to cracked bottoms to walls being weak after two or three years of use. Want know the opinions of the pond community on how these tanks hold up.

Kurt
I have purchased two of them, 300 gal and 100 gal-the 300 gal lasted 4 years before it cracked half way down the side- Tried to fix with plastic welder and it lasted another year but in the spring it opened up again. The 100 gal so far hasnt shown any cracks-What I dont like about them is no matter what they do need cleaned and they are a horror to clean-Right now I am waiting for Helix Bio Mechanical reactor to replace Rubbermaid stock tanks

Ask a Question