sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so true not an animal i don't love and if you are a good person how could you not love them since they trust you 100% and are always loyal friends and they don't text that love :);)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
There are people who use them for all sorts of cruel things abuse them starve them , yet when rescued they still are capable of great love and loyalty to their new owners .
I think that you will agree that in these sad days of man killing man, with war crimes comitted on all sides, the innocents killed the appauling desruction in Palestine, the Malayan Airbus shooting down ,the crimes that the ISIS fighters are is committing in the Middle east in the name of the prophet and many more trouble spots all around the world :cry:
That mankind should take a step backwards and learn from our pets on how to love one another and instead help make world to become a peaceful place for us to all live in.
I agree whole heartedly with what the photo says :happy: (y)

Dave

Last edited:

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I sometimes watch the ANIMAL PLANET shows about "animal cops" and rescue. In some of those episodes, the humans mean well, but have "problems" [elderly, mental illness.......] that respond to intervention by professionals. I would add that there is an ignorance-factor [IOW, "I didn't know any better....."], but give me a break.......

I do kinda feel sorry for the hoarders, though -- most of the time they really do love the pets, and believe they are doing what's best, but get overwhelmed.....

But 90% of them are just dirtbags! They have no compassion. They are totally selfish with no regard for the feelings of any other living creature.

The ones that anger me the most are the people who "mistreat" an animal but CAN'T SEE that the animal is being mistreated / injured / tortured / starved / etc. They argue with authorities.....they've been feeding it every day [emaciated animal, near death -- yeah right!]....or.....it didn't look like that yesterday [imbedded collar or badly mangled limb -- yeah, right]....or....someone else was taking care of it, etc., etc. And they actually try to regain custody of the animal!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
My cat and dog are two of my best pals, and speaking of bunnies dieselpower, about 4 years ago we went away for a couple weeks. Needless to say, the lawn needed a cutting desperately when we got back. On one pass, I saw something moving at my feet as the mower had gone directly over them. The 7 baby bunnies were in a little depression their mother made and luckily I never harmed a single hare. All joking aside, I was relieved when I found out they weren't harmed or killed. I collected them up into a box, and called the animal shelter. I was asked "how big" they were (size of the palm of my hand) and was told to just put them back as they'd be ready to leave the nest any day. I finished cutting the grass and put them back in their little nest. It was so nice to see them foraging for the next few days. I saw the last one for the last time about 2 weeks after that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
There is a special place in you know where for those who abuse animals. My dogs and cats are all rescues. The ones I really feel sorry are the pitties used as bait dogs. Most of them are the most loving creatures despite what they have been through.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All of my dogs were rescues except for my first chihuahua that was the daughter from the last litter my mom raised .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
After I had to say goodbye to my 15 year old dog, i went to aninal control to look at a spaniel mix and ended up seeing a pittie pup. Well that puppy has grown into a 90 pound lover of everyone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5B
YW snoozer. Love(d) them all. The mostly white cat with the black ears was my Moe. Held him in my hands 5 minutes after he was born, and he died in my arms 21 years later. The bigger white dog was MJ ( bichon frise) and the little dog with Franklin ( my B&W cat ) is Hutch, a bichon / yorkie. The black one was Shadow (spaniel). We rescued that poor abused guy. His last 7 years were better than his first eight, but he was always skitterish. My black cat Sheba ( I called her Pookie) passed away at 15 years old with cancer. That's how she lost her eye. She was my fave... such a suck for attention and love. Now it's just Franklin and Hutch, but I'm so glad I have them. They really do enrich our lives.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
The house is full here, 4 cats and two dogs, all are rescues.I have an all black cat named Bart, he is the spokesman for the other 3. He is talking to me right now so I don't forget to feed them some canned food. I have a Maine Coon mix who thinks he is a dog. He sits up and begs and will knock over the garbage if there is chicken bones in there. Kismet was found left behind after some folks moved from an apartment. He is afraid of his own shadow sometimes but is the biggest lover once he decides the coast is clear. And then there is Taffy, or as my son calls him, tons of fun, a big (22 pounds) orange tabby and the most outgoing of the group. He is my shadow and follows me everywhere. Taffy reminds me of my first cat that I brought home when I was 11, which was a really long time ago, I had him for 18 years before he died.

The dogs are also rescues. We have a Jack Russell/Border Collie mix that is a tennis ball fetching machine. If he can't find a ball he will chase shadows, reflections or whatever else he finds. He can be pretty reactive when he is on a leash but otherwise he is pretty good. And then there is Buster, my 90 pound lap dog. He came from animal control when he was 4 months old. I went to see another dog and as I was leaving one of the volunteers was walking Buster and he was the sweetest thing. He was dropped at AC and the guy that brought him in said he was a stray. A friend worked there and said the guy had brought in 5 of 6 dogs and puppies that had much the same coloring as Buster so i think that he was breeding them and those that weren't the short, squatty pitties he was hoping for, he dumped. I never thought I would have a pit but he is the easy going dog I ever had. If Buster had his way he would live in the pond or a lake but he hates getting rained on. He is fussy about his form of water I guess.

Ask a Question