Some Box Turtle Habitat pictures

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yesterday, I took some pics of various spots within the turtle habitat. Lots of green things. Lots of places to hide. There are some bare areas that are still growing in [the turtles don't like being "exposed," and like to travel where they have places to hide from potential predators -- like they would in the wild]. I truly enjoy "turtle-scaping" their world for them :love: !

Look closely, and you might spot a few of the boys. My girl was hiding, so no pics of her. Look for something that looks like a rock that has a splotch of color on top [yellow, orange, red, green, or blue]. Hope you enjoy!

A few views of the newly-created covers for the feeding areas. Four of the boys paused & posed during their meal. They are messy eaters.
image.jpg

A couple shots of the "turtle bog."
image.jpg

More hiding places, and a little luck! Many of the plants are turtle-friendly [such as the clover] that they can munch on. The combination of plants and wood provide lots of places for yummy bugs!
image.jpg

Upper left is another "bog" shot. Lower left, you can see a Rosemary plant. This was a [disposable] "Christmas tree" that my father-in-law had a few years back. He was going to throw it away, but I asked for it to use in the habitat. He passed away the following year -- I think of him whenever I see [and smell....] this plant!
image.jpg

Ignore the messy yard. This view is looking at the habitat from the pond.
image.jpg

And here's what it would look like from an arial view. The blue circles with X's indicate where we had 2 trees removed last year [I forgot to draw the arrows....].

image.jpg

How many box turtles did you spot?

(@fishin4cars @Dave 54 and any turtle-people ;) )

Last edited:

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I think it is wonderful how you've created such a turtle friendly world for them. It looks great and they look happy. You've done a tremendous amount of work since I've been on here. I remember when you had the trees removed. Great job TM, your turtles are very lucky.

Ask a Question