SUCESS!! NEW POND CONTAINER!! Let me know!!!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, we finally got a horse tack store closer to my place and in town!!
Would these be bigger and usable for a pond, compared to our little 121L!!?? Please let me know!!

They are at BRIDLE PATH HORSE AND TACK STORE
image.jpg
U
image.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your current one is 121 liters? according to my conversion program that = 31 gallons so you would not be gaining in size.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Have you checked local garden centers .There are stock tanks out there and they carry some at hardware centers and garden centers .You can get one at 60 gallons and up .I have a 100 gallon a 150 gallon and a 300 gallon .I built a metal surround for around one of mine to make a focal point by the driveway

Attachments

• new stock tank cover2015 008.JPG
    new stock tank cover2015 008.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 201
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeaah, Ive checked everywhere they only have liners for man made dug ponds :(

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
What price point are you looking for? I've seen large barrels and tanks at the flea market before as well, but you have to ensure they never held bad/toxic chemicals.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Alice I dont know your age but you have to splash out to buy a decent sized tank 150 US gallons is perfect for what you want then you need to look at a filter and a UV-C big enought to filter the stock tank.
So obviously there will be an initial cost to start with but consider this , that stock tank will last a long time as will the filters UV-C etc if propperly looked after and maintained .

Dave

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm 25, but im also looking for my moms paycheck too. I don't think she is going to want to fork out $400

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I just noticed you're in Canada as am I... if by chance you're in the Vancouver area, go out to the Cloverdale flea market and see if they have any thing you can use.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Alice, one thing you should be aware of is that containers like the one you are using are not meant to hold water for a long period of time.
The plastic can crack and the container will split open. Those tubs do not stand up well to being outdoors either.
Those containers are only meant to store dry goods.
I recommend you find a suitable replacement container sooner rather than later.

You might want to have a look on Craigslist or Kijiji for a clean used water container.

Ask a Question