Summer pond pictures wanted!!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, we now have more snow than we have had all winter and I can't see my pond. Would you please help me through this lousy weather and post a summer picture of you pond? Or if you have nice weather now, post a picture of your current pond. Thanks for your help!
I'll start.

2015-7-14 kitchen.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Oh, thank you @CountryEscape for all of your beautiful pictures! Its helping! I love your bed with the liatris, coneflower and daylilies. I wish my coneflowers were as full as yours. And your shade bed next to your house looks so healthy. I am still trying to get my bed next to the house to come in better.

You are very observant - yes the plant is a clematis, but the greenery that is throwing you off is from a tree that is in the foreground. I never noticed it before. :)
Here is a picture of the clematis when it was in full bloom.
2015-7-03 clematis.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, Cas, that's one of the most beautiful and full clematis plants I've ever seen! The shade side of my garage photo gets so overgrown with impatients by the end of summer, they almost cover the other plants. I always add potting soil when I plant new stuff, and over the last 5 years, I guess enough have died and enough potting soil added that it's ideal now. Plus, since I don't have any shade in my yard to speak of, even the north facing side gets late afternoon sun in the summer. I put impatients under the drip line of my big white pine tree, and they were gorgeous, too! I always wait until I get a 6 or 8 pack for about 50 cents, then buy a bunch. LOL Love this post!!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only part of a clematis plant that likes shade is the roots .I have the pink one and a purple one growing together but they never seem to get as nice as yours

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My goal this year is to get my water lilies to bloom as well as you guys, addy, JB, and countryescape.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love hostas .I have hauled plants from my parents house for 40+ years and divided them up at each house but kept the mom plants marked so I knew which ones to take .I still took lots of there babies when I left NJ and only had 2 places here to plant them so they would not burn up .My mom was a big fan of them .She had them all around the house when i was growing up .That and her lilacs .It is a memory I carry with me .

Ask a Question