Swimming pool to pond conversion and home built filter

Reaction score
Hi ...

In case anyone else is thinking of this, I wanted to share what I did. I converted an old swimming pool into a rather natural looking pond.

Also, since I was concerned early on about the water quality, I researched and decided to build my own biological / vegi filter. It's working great and maybe someone else will benifit from seeing what I did.

http://kilk.com/pond/

dsc_4664.jpg

Erik

Reaction score
Hi Erik...it was so interesting reading how you fabricated everything to turn your pool into a pond. Loved the website and your pond! You are SO talented! And what a nice write up in the magazine...you must be so proud!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Erik Welcome from the UK Plymouth to be exact :happy:
Erik your a genius congratulations on a beautiful pond very well thought out and built (y).
Sadly being a formal pond UK koi keeper I'm a tad envious as our ponds are what you can describe as holes in the ground .
Ours is a free standing verision of the hole in the ground , formal means no contor's, no plants nothing , just our koi and air bubbles

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Funny, I just saw your pond in a magazine (but on the net) somewhere and I thought how beautiful! And the gavel filter (a bog), i got some good info from reading about yours :)

love the pond!

Ask a Question