switched food

Reaction score
So I did some browsing and found a lot of you recommend the blackwater creek food. So I ordered 3 bags two max growth and 1 more for the fall. Heck it was cheaper than 1 bag of the tetra I would buy at petsmart. Well my fish seem to love it so we will see how they do.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
Canada
I too ordered a 40lb bag of blackwater creek food because of the recommendations on this site, picking it up tomorrow. We'll see how my and my parents fish do with it.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have heard it is good food, one of the reasons is due to the lack of corn, ie. no corn in it. Fish, from what I have read, do not digest corn products, so food with corn in it just passes through. The corn that is. A lot of foods have corn in them

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I switched to it this past year, after reading that it was pretty good food and a good value. I haven't noticed much difference in my koi's feeding habits, or waste, but I feel better:)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is the benefit of it softening quickly?

There are probably a few, but the reason I ask is that softer food is easier for the fish to digest, at least initially. Dry food absorbs moisture, and in some cases this can cause the food to swell. If it's a softer food and/or moistens quickly, less chance it's going to get stuck inside the fish's innards and cause digestive problems. Also, a softer food will be easier for the smaller fish to pick at if the pieces are too large for them to swallow.

Some people pre-soak their food before they feed........

No biggie, just curious.

Ask a Question