The Good Banter Thread

Reaction score
ok so this is a ongoing thread where all members can have a good banter without worrying about changing topic, doesnt matter what you talk about as long as it is garden, pond, wildlife, flower etc related, why start a new thread just to say you have baby fish (yes that was me) or to say that your lilly has flowered. this thread is here just so everybody can pop in and say what they have seen in there garden/pond or what has flowered etc,
this is NOT a thread for scientific fact or question and answer (please use other relevent parts of the forum for that) it is just a thread for GOOD BANTER,

so anyways i will start it off !

for the past 3 weeks i have had a cocoon on amoungst the grasses around my pond and i was waiting to see what it was and yesterday it finally hatched out and it turned out to be a narrow bordered 5 spotted burnet moth, and it is still there , sitting in the grass ! dont know when its going to leave ?? but it is such a lovely insect, ive got some photos and will put one up soon,

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
let nature takes its course, I don't try to save any. Whatever makes it makes it.

Reaction score
Sounds like there is a lot going on in your pond right now:)

Two days ago I put a new plant in the pond, went out the next morning and found toad poop:pooh: in the pot. Guess I should have put it down deeper so Mr. Toad couldn't sit in the pot:dunno: I used a big leaf to get the poo:pooh:....had it and then dropped the leaf and poo in the pond. Me and my big thinking....got in the pond to fish it out and it disintegrated.....gross:banghead3:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing country! We had two inchs of rain in one quick storm ( I can monitor our maryland weather at our house from where ever we are at), hope when we get home all is well in pond land. Told hubby before next flight to florida I need an ip camera.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
CountryPond said:
Sounds like there is a lot going on in your pond right now:)

Two days ago I put a new plant in the pond, went out the next morning and found toad poop:pooh: in the pot. Guess I should have put it down deeper so Mr. Toad couldn't sit in the pot:dunno: I used a big leaf to get the poo:pooh:....had it and then dropped the leaf and poo in the pond. Me and my big thinking....got in the pond to fish it out and it disintegrated.....gross:banghead3:

Not another poop thread!:yikesu: I don't think I have ever seen toad poop.

JW will bring her poop trowel and get it out for you...:lol::regular_waving_emot

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She does good work with her poop trowel so I have heard

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Have poop trowel, will travel.........................pay my air fair, room and board, all meals and must have swimming pool and warm weather w/ no rain and chocolate cake :regular_waving_emot

4th13.gif

Reaction score
taherrmann4 said:
Not another poop thread!:regular_waving_emot I don't think I have ever seen toad poop.

JW will bring her poop trowel and get it out for you...:lol::cool:

Well I'm assuming it's toad poop, it's too small for a dog and too big for a fish:lol: Hubby suggested I use the dog pooper scooper, maybe I need a poop trowel lol.

j.w said:
Have poop trowel, will travel.........................pay my air fair, room and board, all meals and must have swimming pool and warm weather w/ no rain and chocolate cake :lol:

I do have a swimming pool and a spare room, I suppose I could supply the chocolate cake, but the 110 temps we're having are more than warm.:FIREdevil:

Reaction score
110 wow, weve been having 80's for the last few days here in cumbria, but it is due back to rain again on wed :lol:
i have a resident frog in my pond but i havent noticed frog poop, and NO ime not going to have a closer look !!:alieneyesa::lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hey mogsie how many fish do you have now .They keep having babies what are you going to do

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It's around a hundred here with high humidity and a really hot wind .I just burned my arm on the chain link fence .The sun is high in the sky just burning everything up here ,so in the same boat as you mogsie

Reaction score
28 about a week old and about 70 eggs hatching, and prob more still in the pond, i will keep a couple myself and any others with colour i will be able to trade with the garden centre in return for food or plants maybe, and all the others that dont have any colour ?? well i live in the lake district !!!! lol

Ask a Question