The house is finished

Reaction score
I don't have a lot of good pictures on this pc, most are on my phone but I can give you a glimpse...

1445187945990_resized%201_zpszhtuwgg8.jpg

DSCF6124_zpsbgkrafgw.jpg

This is the view from the back yard...

DSCF6130_zpsu6qiynzt.jpg

My favorite place is our front porch..

DSCF6191_zpsslmy98dy.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow it's gorgeous! You did a great job! What a view of that majestic mountain.

Reaction score
Thank you all so much, it is very peaceful there. Julian will be running fence and then putting goats on the land.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Goats will be fun but I assume they will be for food or maybe clearing land?

Reaction score
Goats will be fun but I assume they will be for food or maybe clearing land?
Both, cabrita is more expensive than prime rib in Mexico and my land is growing wild. I couldn't get any church support to keep growing food for the poor so I had to stop that. It was costing me about $1,000.00 per month to do that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Beautiful home!

Does that mountain peak have a name?

Curious about the fence and bars on the window, are there bad people around you want keep out?

Reaction score
Beautiful home!

Does that mountain peak have a name?

Curious about the fence and bars on the window, are there bad people around you want keep out?
Pico de Orizaba is the tallest mountain in Mexico, you can see it from the Gulf. They found four mummified bodies up there last summer, climbers from 1959.
The wall, electricity and burglar bars are common there if you can afford them. Crime is actually very low but they are very poor so they will steal. We were gone for 6 months and nothing got stolen but one hot wire was cut so now we have Julian sleeping there four nights a week and we have timers turning lights and radios on and off when he isn't there. The wall is 9 feet tall so that in itself is a deterrent. We also have insurance against theft.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Pico de Orizaba is the tallest mountain in Mexico, you can see it from the Gulf. They found four mummified bodies up there last summer, climbers from 1959.
The wall, electricity and burglar bars are common there if you can afford them. Crime is actually very low but they are very poor so they will steal. We were gone for 6 months and nothing got stolen but one hot wire was cut so now we have Julian sleeping there four nights a week and we have timers turning lights and radios on and off when he isn't there. The wall is 9 feet tall so that in itself is a deterrent. We also have insurance against theft.

Thanks! I love to climb mountains and have sat on a half dozen summits this year, but nothing that high! The tallest we have here in Utah is Kings Peak just under 14k (will be climbing that for my 40th Birthday next year). The highest we have in the lower 48 is Mount Whitney that only sits at 14,505. Your Pico de Orizaba is a staggering 18,491!!! Holy cow that's a big mountain. Third highest peak in North American next to Denali and Logan.

An add to my bucket list!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Bullfrog maybe things will get better between the U.S and Mexico w/Trump in office and perhaps we can work together to brighten the future of many Mexican people there also. One can hope!

Ask a Question