Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Brought this little guy into the rescue today. He seems healthy but due to his young age he will have to spend a week in quarantine to be safe so he can be tested for salmonella and any COI's. He is a Mississippi Map turtle and I named him Atlas. He is about 1 year old or less. As with the majority of the turtles I rescue I usually don't know exact ages so this is an estimate based on his carapace length and height & number of the spines/spikes in the center line of the carapace.

DSCN2830.JPG
DSCN2831.JPG

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Another lucky turtle to have found you
He is a really nice and calm guy too so I may keep him for myself :D . It still amazes me how people can neglect even a tiny little guy like this who would not even had been in their care for more than 6 months, probably even less time than that (3-4 months). Thankfully he is happy here and has tamed to me well and re-learned to trust a human.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate when i go in a pet store and see parents buying pets for there children just to show them responsibility for a living creature or when children are in apet store and want a pet just because a friend has one and parents just give in and don't care .They need to understand first what having a pet means and how to take care of it first and that pets need love and care and proper homes

Ask a Question