Those thousands of tadpoles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Have turned into thousands of eraser size frogs! Red ones, bullfrog ones toad ones and I have to step around them when I go out. They hide under the rocks. Pretty cute but pretty anoying

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here toad tads are the first out of the pond, then the tree frogs, the bullforgs and green frogs take a year to morph and get out of the pond.

We get tons of toadlets hopping around, by fall hardly see any.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here toad tads are the first out of the pond, then the tree frogs, the bullforgs and green frogs take a year to morph and get out of the pond.

We get tons of toadlets hopping around, by fall hardly see any.

We have the toadlets so thick it looks like one of the ancient Egyptian plaques. In the past I have even put off mowing the grass a week to give them a chance to dissipate. Even after waiting, many's the time I've jumped on the brake to let one get out of the way. I can only imagine what someone driving by must think when they see this old duffer stopping in the middle of his yard flailing his arms around at his lawn immediately in front of the mower as if exorcising the grass before mowing it.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
I never see frog around pond at daytime why is that? :( Just seen toads at night

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We have the toadlets so thick it looks like one of the ancient Egyptian plaques. In the past I have even put off mowing the grass a week to give them a chance to dissipate. Even after waiting, many's the time I've jumped on the brake to let one get out of the way. I can only imagine what someone driving by must think when they see this old duffer stopping in the middle of his yard flailing his arms around at his lawn immediately in front of the mower as if exorcising the grass before mowing it.:)
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Yep! More or less. It's not that I mind them being there, it's the trauma of the carnage if I just mow through them!:)

Reaction score
I wish I could get rid of the toads, All summer I remove five gallon buckets of them at a time, they come in to mate. My pond looks like a weed wacker went thru it. They tear every living plant up I think to make food for there offspring.
Bill

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I get tons of them, never see any plant damage. They lay their eggs in the big pond.

Reaction score
before I bought the house, the pond was there, Former owners had lotus growing, about a year back I drained and clean the pond the lotus did not come back so I put in lily's and paprus. Then the toads came and they just shread every leaf in the pond. I will clear them out and a few weeks later they are back and do the same thing. I hate the idea of putting a fence around it and with the lotus they only look good in the summer months

Ask a Question