Toads at the pond video

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Until we had this cold snap the toads here were going non stop. I think there was around 20 in the pond. No doubt some of last years babies. In fact they were making so much racket that it was really starting to get annoying. Dont know if I will be overwhelmed with more tad poles soon but I suspect there will be if there are that many toads in the pond. :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
RobAmy, the first video, at about 1:50, do you know what the background noise is ... thinking another frog or toad, but it's different than the toads you are taping. I hear that sound in my farm pond, and wonder what the frogs look like that make it. Great videos, both of them!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That's what I would have guessed, too. Everything here is very quiet, got chilly this past week, 40's at night, then down to 30's couple nights, but now hoping to go UP more! Bullfrogs are all hiding away wherever they go when it's too cold.

Ask a Question