Types of plants?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, we have 3 water hyacinths already but what other types of plants can we get?

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Duck weed is a nice cover for a small pond like the one in your photo, but if you have fish, they'll eat it right up. I think you may be able to grow a water lily in there aswell. Hornwort is a good underwater plant. In reality, there are all sorts of pond plants. It just depends on what you want.

slakker

AKA Mike
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Water lettuce, hornwort, parrot feathers are all good. Lily would be good, but may be too big for your pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
I've had good luck with corkscrew rush so far. It's a neat plant--some of the foliage grows straight, and some of it grows in a corkscrew pattern. It just depends how much room you have in your pond.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
My rush hasn't really done anything. I may need to repot it into something larger but it really hasn't grown since I bought it. I've got corkscrew and blue.

Ask a Question