Using a liner to fix a cracked concrete pond

SE18

David V
Reaction score
nice job! I wouldn't completely write off concrete. One could always sandwich concrete with liner. That's what I've done and a tree root lifted up the concrete and cracked it but it still works.

While if the liner somehow breaks inside the concrete (unlikely), I've experimented with the sandwich technique regarding a tear where two pieces of pvc were glued together and came apart. The solution was to throw fine clay in the water, it self seals the area inside the crack where a liner is torn.

I'm totally sold on sandwich technique as our hounds enjoy splashing around on the concrete with no worries. As far as I know, I'm the only person in the U.S. to use this technique. I learned it from someone in the U.K.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Many ponds have been constructed by placing the liner UNDER the concrete. This method has been used since liners were first introduced.

Troutredds

You can call me Red
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
We over did it on the structural steel when blowing in our concrete pond a few years ago. I'm not concerned about it ever cracking - in my lifetime anyway.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ask a Question